Saturday, April 3, 2010

wise old man


This weekend I am being inspired by
wonderful, wise, old men.
I am reminded of this wonderful, wise, old man
I have the privilege of knowing
Grandpa Sheryl.
This was the poem he recited
at our intimate wedding luncheon.

Cupid Swallowed
T'other day as I was twining
Roses, for a crown to dine in.
What, of all things, 'midst the heap
Should I light on, fast asleep,
But the desperate little elf,
The tiny traitor , Love himself!
By the wings I pinched him up
Like a bee, and in a cup
Of my wine I plunged and sank him,
And what d'ye think I did? -- I drank him.
'Faith, I thought him dead, Not he!
There he lives with tenfold glee;
And now this moment with his wings
I feel him tickling my heart-strings

4 comments:

MelBroek said...

Oh I love this! That was great at the luncheon. Also, I kinda like the new look of the blog! Is it permanent or just in between?

Brittany said...

I love you and Griff, but Grandpa Sheryl was my favorite part of the luncheon. Such a gem. Also, I'm loving the whiteness too! Ready to PIMP??

Griffin and Gretchen said...

lol guys! i tried so hard the other day to pimp my blog but i COULD NOT figure it out!

Brittany said...

GIRL. It seriously took me two years (plus some meltdowns and drastic mistakes) and now I don't touch it. I'm no expert, but I'm happy to help if you want! Let's make a night of it.