Tuesday, May 4, 2010

mission possible!

We made it! After our 2 day road trip! Friday we drove through:
Wyoming: wind. that's all there is there.
Nebraska: its all about the great big sky in NE.
We stayed the night in Lincoln in the most HORRIBLE Days Inn. Ok, the whole hotel smelled like smoke but our room was a SMOKING room because it was the last one left and it was cheap. My mouth burned so bad the next morning when I woke up like I myself had smoked a cig. Yuck.
And don't worry that after we were in bed watching a movie, someone was trying to get our door open! The hotel had given someone the key to our room! Needless to say I didn't sleep well that night haha.
Next day we went through:
The other half of Nebraska
Iowa: straight corn fields.
Indiana: FLAT
Illinois: We drove over the Mississippi river!
And arrived at our destination late Saturday night.
Our apartment is so nice and it's in a nice area. It's so green here! My skin is loving the humidity! My hair, not so much. We went to Wal-Mart the night we got here to grab some stuff, and as we were driving home, we saw a toad in the road! Griff was so excited haha.
More pictures and stories to come

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I have been awaiting this post! Huzzah you are there and you look fabulous. I'm so jealous of your summer adventure. I am trying to get the world to bring airfare down so I can be in OHIO tomorrow! Love you!