Friday, May 28, 2010

Gretchen.

I just discovered Picnik. Can you tell?

I don't know about you, but I love finding my name in random places. In movies, in books, etc. I've found it in the movie Kate & Leopold (Gretchen the nurse.) Also in Failure to Launch (Gretchen the vet.) I read it just recently in The Help (Gretchen the half black mean girl. Nice.) And I always loved when we read Oh Say Can You See by Dr. Seuss because there is a little snippet about a Gretchen.
What are some places you see your name around?

5 comments:

Charma said...

I have never found my name in a book or movie yet.... but there is a "Karma Wilson" who writes kids books (my maiden name is Wilson) and there is a Hotel in Paris named Charma. I wonder if they would let me stay for free....hmmmm? I liked your post.

the WINTERS family! said...

funny you should say that. We found a place named Gretchen's in Seattle. I need to send you the pic. I love this picture!

MelBroek said...

mmm... Melissa's not one that I run into a lot in literature or movies.

I guess it's more of a normal person kind of name. Not a famous and/or fictional kind of name. :)

I still will always love secretly wanting to call you Gretchen Weiners because your dad invented toaster strudels.

Griffin and Gretchen said...

omg mel i can't believe i forgot gretchen weiners!

Amy Buhler said...

don't forget gretchen the smoker who worked at joannes!